The electronic form, available via the User Portal, provides the ESRF with the information necessary to prepare:
The ESRF is notified about a user, through the submission of the A Form, only if the user has completed all required actions (i.e. the on line Safety Training and validation of their personal 'User & Safety Declaration Form' specific to the session).
The 'Users' tab displays:
Special training for remote users
If an MX user is identified as 'remote user' on the A Form, the user must complete a special 'remote user' Safety Training Course. The course must be taken and validated before the A Form is submitted. This special training does NOT replace the standard Safety Training Course. The standard course should be completed if the user intends to visit the ESRF at any point for an experiment.
On the 'Sample environment' tab you are asked to identify:
Some support labs require additional forms.
For a structural biology experiment, and for each scheduled experiment session of a structural biology experiment, the main proposer must submit an A Form and specify which samples will be studied during that specific session:
If no sample sheets have been submitted yet:
If a list of sample sheets is shown but a new sample sheet is needed:
If the A Form has already been submitted and a sample has changed:
A new sample sheet must be created: go to the 'Samples' tab of the A Form, click on the quick link 'manage samples'.
For each user selected from the ESRF data base, you need to indicate:
The options/boxes 'reimbursed' and 'Travel Office' in the A Form are available only if the user has completed information about their reimbursement data in their user account.
IMPORTANT: there is no need to request a 'canteen card'. The site entrance badge given to all users carries the canteen credit during the stay on site. It will be either charged by the ESRF (reimbursed users) or empty for the non-reimbursed users who have to charge it themselves.
Once completed the information for each user:
1. Choose the option 'Temporarily Save A Form' (button at the top left of the page).
2. In your user account (in User Portal), go to the tab 'Proposals/Experiments' and select 'A Form'. If more than one session is scheduled, select the A Form of the appropriate experimental session.
At this point, the A Form cannot be submitted
3. Each user listed receives a message by email asking him/her to validate his/her personal electronic 'User & Safety Declaration'.
4. Inside the User Portal, each user validates his/her individual declaration for the appropriate session and should notify you (in view to submitting the A Form).
5. At least one user is in good standing (i.e. they have both a validated User & Safety Declaration Form and a validated safety training course): you may submit the form.
At this point, only the names of users in good standing for the session are communicated to the ESRF through the submission of the A Form.
6. Once all users are in good standing, resubmit the A Form a final time, at least 2 weeks before the start of the experiment.
The main proposer should ensure that the final submission of the A Form is made once all listed users have validated their declaration form and performed their Safety Training.