The Software Group provides software in the form of development, support, maintenance, and expertise capabilities in the areas of control, data acquisition and data analysis.
The group is composed of 3 units: Accelerator Control, Beamline Control and Data Analysis.
The Software Group has skills in the following areas :
- programming of C/C++, Python, Java, Fortran
- operating systems mainly Linux, Windows and Solaris
- graphical user interfaces with Java. Swing and SWT, PyQT
- optimising algorithms using special hardware like GPGU's
- SPEC internals and macros
- Linux device drivers
- databases with MySQL
- control systems
- online data analysis
- scientific algorithms
- data formats
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help in any of these areas.
We are also a lead member of the following collaborations ....
- Tango - a toolkit for building distributed control systems
- EDNA - an online data analysis framework
- ISPyB - information system for protein crystallography beamlines
... and we export software to other institutes e.g. :
- blissbuilder and SPEC macros
- bliss framework