USERS' MEETING 2013 &
Associated Phase II Workshops
Grenoble, 4 - 6 February, 2013
The upcoming ESRF Users' Meeting between 4-6 February 2013 will give ESRF Users the opportunity to discuss the most recent advances in science using synchrotron radiation and also, exceptionally this year, to participate in lively discussions about the future of ESRF and how it could be used to solve some of today's biggest challenges in science!
The 23rd ESRF Users' Meeting will take place on the ESRF site, providing the perfect opportunity for European scientists to gather to hear about and discuss some of the most cutting-edge research taking place throughout Europe and the world. The plenary meeting on 5 and 6 February will be devoted to recent advances in science at the facility, and will be preceded on 4 February by a series of parallel workshops about current challenges in science and how they could be addressed through the ESRF Upgrade Programme.
The 2013 Users' Meeting & Associated Phase II Workshops will be the ultimate occasion to express actively your opinion and to contribute to decisions about the future evolution of the facility. The presence and participation of all ESRF Users, including those involved in the industrial activities of the facility, is strongly encouraged.
The PLENARY MEETING will be held on site on Tuesday, February 5 and Wednesday morning, February 6, and will feature:
- 2 keynote lectures and 4 plenary lectures by world leading scientists covering a large spectrum of ESRF activities;
- a report from the ESRF Directors on the status of the facility and on the proposal for Phase II of the Upgrade Programme;
- a talk by the winner of the prestigious "ESRF Young Scientist Award";
- on the afternoon of 5 February, a session dedicated to feedback from the five Phase II Workshops, further discussion on the Phase II proposal and a round-up of the outcome of these discussions.
In the evening of the 5 February a poster session and cocktail, as well a banquet held at the ESRF restaurant on site, will give all participants the opportunity to discover more exciting new science, to discuss with fellow researchers and debate the scientific prospects on the Upgrade Programme Phase II, and to stimulate new ideas and new scientific collaborations.
YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD
As in past years, the Users' Organization solicits nominations for the 2013 Young Scientist Award.
Nominations for this award should be sent no later than 14 December 2012.
Five Upgrade Programme Phase II Workshops will be organized on or around the ESRF site on Monday 4 February 2013:
- Workshop "X-ray Cinematography with the New Coherent Source"
Venue: ESRF, Auditorium
- Workshop "Seeing is believing: the future of Structural Biology"
Venue: CNRS, Amphitheatre
- Workshop "Phase II Prospects for Materials & Chemistry"
Venue: ILL, Chadwick Amphitheatre
- Workshop "From Functional Soft Matter to Biology - Future Challenges"
Venue: IBS, Seminar Room
- Workshop "Science at Extreme Conditions with an Ultimate Source
Venue: MINATEC, Room 221
On behalf of the Users' Organization, I cordially invite you to the 2013 ESRF Users' Meeting & Associated Phase II Workshops to express your opinion and to meet fellow users, get inspired, establish new scientific collaborations, express your opinion and learn about future opportunities offered by the ESRF for your research.
Chairperson of the Users' Organization
You wish to register and to organize your travel and stay
If you wish to attend the Users' Meeting 2013 and prepare your stay in Grenoble, you are welcome to consult the information web pages:
- Accommodation and Meals
!!! REGISTRATION CLOSED !!!
Mario Keplinger, winner of
the 2012 Best Poster Award