Eduroam (education roaming) is an international initiative that allows members of educational and research establishments to gain internet access at other member sites easily, using credentials from their home site in a secure manner. Authentication details are based on the users username and password.
Each Eduroam member broadcasts the "eduroam" wireless network.
Below you will find an example of how to setup your wireless settings
- SSID (the wireless network name) : eduroam
- Connection mode : Infrastructure or Enterprise security
- Wireless Network Authentication type: WPA2 (enterprise)
- Outer EAP Authentication Type: PEAP
- Outer identity : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Version PEAP : automatic
- Inner authentication method : EAP-MSCHAPv2
Inner identity: <email@example.com> (where username is your ESRF account)
A pop-up window will request your username and password. Please accept Terena as the SSL certificate authority.
For more detailed installation of needed "WiFi eduroam profile" on your laptop or mobile device, please, refer to the appropiate section herein below:
For any other mobile device, or non-ESRF laptop, please use "automated installation" provided on this web address
You can also use a QR software to scan the image below