User GuideUp one level
Consult the USERS NEWS (below)
"Experimental Method Form for Standard Proposal: length limitation"
"Advice on writing a good proposal"
"New Proposal Review Process"
New User - you wish to:
- Create your ESRF user account
You already have an ESRF user account - you wish to:
- Consult / update your user account (personal data, affiliation, ...)
- Apply for beam time by submitting proposal(s),
- Check the status of your proposal(s) / experiment(s)
- Manage (submit / consult / delete) experiment(s) report(s)
- Submit / consult A Form(s)
- Perform (check the status of) your on-line ESRF Safety Training
click on: ESRF User Portal (SMIS)
You wish to register and manage your publications including ESRF experiments:
click on: ILL/ESRF Library
Using the facility
- INTRODUCTION to the ESRF as a user facility
- SAFETY information for users
- APPLYING for beamtime (scientific areas of research, guidelines, templates)
- ESRF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE to users
- PREPARING your experiment & the visit of the experimental team
- ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE procedures
- ON SITE
- AFTER the experiment (transfer of DATA, experimental REPORTS, PUBLICATIONS)
- Users Organisation
Our working hours are: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Postal Address: ESRF, BP 220, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
- Proposal Deadline — last modified 22-03-2013 10:35
- The next deadline for the submission of Standard proposals and BAG proposals is 1st SEPTEMBER 2013 (inclusive) for beamtime between MARCH 2014 and JULY 2014.
- New system success — last modified 18-03-2013 10:49
- Advice on writing a good proposal — last modified 15-02-2013 16:56
- Advice for helping proposers to write a good proposal is now given in the User Guide web pages "Applying for Beam Time". This advice is based on feedback from proposal review committee members and beamline staff.
- "Experimental Method Form" for a Standard Proposal: length limitation — last modified 13-02-2013 12:00
- The length of the "Experimental Method Form" for a Standard Proposal is limited by 2 pages of A4 format and the font height should not be smaller than 12pt. The file size should not exceed 3 MB. Standard proposals for public ESRF beamtime with an "Experimental Method Form" which exceeds 2 A4 pages (including references) will be automatically rejected by the Beam Time Allocation Panels.