BM26 - DUBBLE - Dutch-Belgian Beamline

BM26 - DUBBLE - Dutch-Belgian beamline

The beamline is funded by the Dutch and Flemish research councils, which means that 70% of the available beam time is reserved for researchers working in Dutch or Flemish institutes (who submit a CRG proposal). The remaining 30% is available for general ESRF applicants (who submit a standard ESRF proposal).

It is a common occurrence that researchers apply via the wrong route

Click here to find out how to apply for beamtime 

 

 

AT32501_01.jpg

Photo: ARTECHNIQUE

 

Proposal deadlines for Dutch and Flemish researchers:
1st April and 1st October

What research is performed here?

The SAXS/WAXS beam line
SAXS-WAXS-samplechanger-700px.png is largely devoted to soft condensed matter research, although scientists from many other research fields (geology, mineralogy, metallurgy, etc.) are also regular visitors
Latest publication:   

Dorien Baeten, Dario Cavallo , Giuseppe Portale, René Androsch, Vincent Mathot and Bart Goderis, Chapter entitled “Combining Fast Scanning Chip Calorimetry with Structural and Morphological Characterization Techniques”; in Book "Fast Scanning Calorimetry" (2016) Springer International Publishing, pages 327—359, isbn:978-3-319-31329-0; doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-31329-0_10

 

The XAFS beam line
ExafsSaxsWaxs-0008.jpg (Exafs-Saxs-Waxs setup (1)) is specialised in on-line catalysis experiments but recent publications include: work on strained and relaxed CVD grown epitaxial Ge1-xSnx films, a study during cycling of Li2FeSiO4 and Li2.2Fe0.9SiO4 Li ion battery materials and a paper entitled "Co-rich ZnCoO nanoparticles embedded in wurtzite Zn1-xCoxO thin films: possible origin of superconductivity".
Latest publication:  

Oliver Fenwick, Eduardo Coutiño-Gonzalez, Didier Grandjean, Wouter Baekelant, Fanny Richard, Sara Bonacchi, Dirk De Vos, Peter Lievens, Maarten Roeffaers, Johan Hofkens, Paolo Samorì; "Tuning the energetics and tailoring the optical properties of silver clusters confined in zeolites”; Nature Materials (2016); doi:10.1038/nmat4652

 

DUBBLE Wiki

  • Most of the DUBBLE team on 21st March 2016 (missing Wim and Florian)

team-700px.jpg

Back row: Halina, Dip, Aleksei, Alessandro, Dirk and Daniel

Front row: Mrinal, Stephen and Jenny

  • Some of the DUBBLE team on 6th June 2014

 Dubble personnel2.jpeg

News from DUBBLE

Congratulations Dr Husn Ubayda Islam!

22-08-2016

We are happy to report that Husn has successfully completed her PhD entitled “Formation and electrocatalysis studies of nickel and iron catalysts using in situ XAS”. Congratulations Dr Islam!

Read more...

Scientist joins DUBBLE SAXS/WAXS line

21-03-2016

Dr. Bera has recently joined DUBBLE-CRG group as a beamline scientist for the SAXS/WAXS station (BM26B). Before joining DUBBLE he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at Argonne National Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago and University of Chicago, USA.

Read more...

Publications in 2015

19-01-2016

The DUBBLE beam lines have had another productive year with 100 peer reviewed publications incorporating DUBBLE data. This corresponds to roughly one paper for every three days’ beam time, a very satisfactory rate of return, reflecting the fact that the DUBBLE beam...

Read more...

Sinterklaas comes to DUBBLE

07-12-2015

A gift of chocolate (from our EXAFS users)! Thanks guys, come back soon

Read more...

archived news articles

Information for Users

Proposal deadline for beamtime from March 2017 to July 2017:

10th September 2016 (inclusive)

Long Term Projects:

15 Jan 2017 (inclusive)

Review Committee Meetings:

27-28 October 2016

User guide