ID03 is the dedicated Surface X-Ray Diffraction (SXRD) beamline at the ESRF. SXRD is a well established technique to study surfaces and interfaces.
- Surface crystallography from UHV to atmospheric pressure
- In-situ characterization of dynamical phenomena: homoepitaxy, heteroepitaxy, surface morphology, phase transitions, ...
- Structural and magnetic characterization of metallic thin films using diffraction and MOKE
- Characterization of reaction at surfaces: catalysis
The following techniques are available at the beamline:
- Surface X-Ray Diffraction
- Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-Ray Scattering
- Anomalous X-Ray Diffraction
- Coherent Diffraction Imaging