Warning!! A new SSL Gateway is available since Monday 6 July 2015. Compared to the previous system, the URL is now https://ssl.esrf.fr (without /esrfbasic suffix) so your bookmarks have to be updated.
The SSL Gateway allows accessing internal computing resources like email and Intranet from outside:
- Any computing device with a web-browser can use the SSL Gateway in Basic mode.
- Only ESRF Windows laptops with a recent version of Mozilla Firefox web-browser and a recent version of java installed, can use the SSL access in full VPN mode.
- Communication with the SSL Gateway is encrypted, so passwords do not transit in clear text.
- E-mail can be accessed transparently by providing to e-mailer program its right settings (e.g Thunderbird imap and smtp servers have to be configured in SSL mode)
- based on the site password, allows:
- to browse the Intranet, including the Absence application (Pleiades),
- to use a basic ssh connection to NICE,
- to launch a Windows Remote Desktop for accessing a Windows PC inside the ESRF,
- to access files on the internal Windows File sharing.
Please, refer to the SSL User's Manual for details.