Warning!! A new SSL Gateway will be available starting on Monday 6 July 2015.
Information shown hereafter concerns instructions about how-to-access internal ESRF resouces by using this new SSL platform.
Please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any doubt.
The SSL Gateway allows accessing internal computing resources like email and Intranet from outside:
- Any ESRF Windows laptop, with a recent version of Mozilla Firefox web-browser and a recent version of java installed, can use SSL access.
- Communication with the SSL Gateway is encrypted, so passwords do not transit in clear text.
- E-mail can be accessed transparently by providing to e-mailer program its right settings (e.g Thunderbird imap and smtp servers have to be configured in SSL mode)
- based on the site password, allows:
- to browse the Intranet, including the Absence application (Pleiades),
- to use a basic ssh connection to NICE,
- to launch a Windows Remote Desktop for accessing a Windows PC inside the ESRF,
- to access files on the internal Windows File sharing.
Please, refer to the SSL User's manual for details.